September 9, 2022 | Brno
Institute of Molecular Genetics of the ASCR, v. v. i.
14220 Praha 4
The Electron Microscopy Core Facility provides expertise and cutting edge equipment for a broad range of biological sample preparation and ultrastructural imaging techniques. The core facility deals with various biological samples: human and animal cell cultures, plant and animal tissues, worms, microorganisms, lipid micelles. The sample preparation techniques include routine chemical fixation and resin embedding, cryofixation using high-pressure freezing technique, freeze-substitution, plunge-freezing, cryosectioning, and immunolabeling, including simultaneous detection of multiple targets by our self-developed methods.
We provide open access to our methodologies and full support to the users.
The team has long-standing expertise in transmission electron microscopy of biological samples, including wide range of sample preparation methods.
Measurements in various modes on transmission electron microscope
Data analysis and interpretation
Transmission electron microscopes:
- 120 kV TEM JEM-1400 FLASH (since September 2019) equipped with 4K Jeol FLASH camera and software tools for image stitching and correlation of EM and LM images
- 200 kV TEM JEM-F200 "F2" (since September 2019) - equipped with 16K TVIPS TemCam-XF416 CMOS camera; technologies: TEM, STEM, cryoTEM, cryoSTEM, (cryo) (S)TEM Tomography, EDS elemental analysis and mapping
Sample preparation equipment:
- High pressure freezer HPF EM Pact 2 Leica
- High pressure freezer with light stimulation EM ICE Leica
- 2x automated freeze substitution machines EM AFS2 Leica with FSP
- Ultramicrotome Leica EM UC6
- Cryo-ultramicrotome Leica EM UC6 with cryochamber Cryosphere
- Freeze-fracture and replica making device ACE900 Leica
- Plunge-freezer Leica EM GP2 (since September 2019)
- Microwave tissue processor EM AMW Leica
Development of sample preparation methods for electron microscopy
We provide open access via Czech BioImaging: https://www.czech-bioimaging.cz/application-forms
For prior discussion contact us directly at email@example.com
September 9, 2022 | Brno
Course | 13th – 14th June 2022 | BC, České Budějovice
Registration for conference is open.
Course | 7th – 9th June 2022 | IMG
Course | 9th – 13th May 2022 | BIOCEV
Practical Course | 15th – 26th August 2022 | Brno, Czech Republic
Course | 1st – 2nd June 2022 | CELLIM, CEITEC MU
The CzBI Spring Newsletter has just been released.