Phone: 00420 549496099
Multimodal and Functional Imaging Laboratory (MAFIL) is an open laboratory established at Masaryk University within the scope of the Central European Institute of Technology project (CEITEC). The laboratory provides
modern imaging services, particularly in the area of neuroimaging and human brain mapping, as well as imaging of other parts of human body.
MAFIL has two main components. The first one is imaging by means of MR scanners. We have two Siemens Prisma whole-body scanners with 3T magnetic induction and related accessories at our disposal. The second component is electrophysiology mainly focusing on electroencephalography (EEG), which is based on a 256-channel MR compatible scalp EEG EGI GES 400 MR.
- anatomical imaging with variety of contrasts (T1-, T2- weighted, separation of fat/water, magnetization transfer)
- BOLD effect imaging (functional imaging) including multiband acquisition
- imaging of diffusion of water molecules (diffusion weighted images, diffusion tensor, kurtosis) including multiband acquisition
- spectroscopic measurements (single-voxel spectroscopy and spectroscopic imaging) + SemiLaser and FastMap for MRS (CMRR, Minneapolis)
- perfusion imaging
- high-density EEG (256 channels) with possible usage for simultaneous recordings in MR scanner
- standard EEG (30 channels) with possible usage for simultaneous recordings in MR scanner
- recording of electrocardiography (ECG), breathing, movement (accelerometer), skin conductance and general polygraphic signals with unipolar or bipolar electrodes (for instance EMG) – all with possibility of simultaneous measurement in MR scanner
Siemens Prisma 3T, whole-body MR scanner for imaging and multinuclear spectroscopy.
Siemens Prisma 3T, whole-body MR scanner for imaging and spectroscopy.
EGI GES 400 MR system with amplifier EGI Net Amps 400, 256 channels for EEG recordin including tDCS/tACS stimulation.
BrainProducts BrainAmp MR / BrainAmp ExG MR, 30 EEG channels, 1 EOG channel, ExG module (ECG, EMG, skin conductance, respiratory signal, movement, general bipolar electrophysiological measurements).
Equipment for rTMS with frameless stereotaxy
MR compatible tDCS/tACS system
Devices for auditory and visual stimulation, and subject response in MR scanners
Optimization of MRI acquisition protocols
Development and optimization of data processsing pipelines
September 9, 2022 | Brno
Course | 13th – 14th June 2022 | BC, České Budějovice
Registration for conference is open.
Course | 7th – 9th June 2022 | IMG
Course | 9th – 13th May 2022 | BIOCEV
Practical Course | 15th – 26th August 2022 | Brno, Czech Republic
Course | 1st – 2nd June 2022 | CELLIM, CEITEC MU
The CzBI Spring Newsletter has just been released.