Phone: +420 739 451 114
Ultra-high-field magnetic resonance imaging and spectroscopy of animal models is the central service ISI provides to clients who need to validate their animal models and to follow their development in vivo for their own research or development. Besides mice, rats or rabbits in vivo, fixed biological samples or materials in vitro can be analyzed in a 9.4T or 4.7T MR scanners, and animal use plans including collection of samples for histology, immunohistochemistry or electron microscopy can be arranged. Limited-time IVC-housing for mice or rats can be provided.
In vitro and in vivo MR measurements – materials, fixed biological samples, small animals (rat, mouse, rabbit).
Qualitative and quantitative MR imaging (T1-, T2-, T2*-weighted, 2D, 3D, multislice by FLASH, RARE, MGE, UTE, quantitative relaxometry, quantitative imaging of diffusion - DWI, DTI, DKI, perfusion – DCE, DSC, ASL).
Localized in vivo MR spectroscopy.
Assistance with animal use protocol preparation, correct and legal execution of the experiment.
Veterinary care and supervision during the measurement.
Sample collection for histology, immunohistochemistry, electron microscopy, deep freeze storage, fixation (subcontracting of these analyses is possible).
MR scanner 9.4T/30 cm
console, magnet, electronics Bruker Biospec 94/30 USR, Avance III, RF Faraday cage room, high power gradient system 300 mT/m (sample diam. < 154 mm), 660 mT/m (s. d. < 60 mm)
RES 1H: 198/154 QSN TR AD; 112/086 QSN TO AD; 089/060 QSN TR; 075/040 QSN TR
SUC 1H: R.BR. QSN RO AD; M.BR. QSN RO AD; ID=10 LNA; ID=20 LNA; ID=30 LNAARR 1H: M.BR. LIN RO AD; R.BR LIN RO AD;
RES 075/040 LIN/LIN TR: 1H/13C; 1H/19F; 1H/23Na; 1H/31P; 1H/129Xe
SUC ID=20 LIN/LIN TR SIM: 1H/129Xe; 1H/31P; 1H/13C; 1H-19F
- Physiology monitoring/gating SA Instruments, Inc., model 1030 fibre-optics thermometer, ECG, respiration, capnography, ventilator
- Remote-controlled precise power injector for contrast agent administration: Harvard Apparatus PHD 22/2000
- Isoflurane anesthesia
MR scanner 4.7T/20cm
console, magnet, electronics MR Solutions Ltd., Magnex Sci. Ltd., CPC Amps, IECO
RF coils home made for 1H, 23Na, 13C, 19F, 129Xe
- Physiology monitoring/gating: SA Instruments, Inc., model 1025 thermocouple thermometer, ECG, respiration
- Isoflurane anesthesia
Network analyzer Rohde & Schwarz ZVL3
Oscilloscope Rohde & Schwarz RTM 2054
- mouse & rat rooms with IVC racks, 4 Pa overpressure, hygienic loop, autoclave, sterilization chamber, UV sterilization, HEPA filtering, A/C, laminar flow box
- washing & storage rooms, controlled access, HEPA filtering, A/C
- experiment preparation room: veterinary operating table, laminar flow box
- deep freezer, fume hood
Quantitative MR imaging and spectroscopy for human diagnostics and animal-model based research, development of measurement techniques and data analysis for:
- MR imaging of perfusion, multiparametric quantitative pharmacokinetic modeling of perfusion,
- MR imaging of diffusion,
- MR spectroscopy, metabolite quantitation, computer modeling of coupled spin systems for in vivo.
Animal model development, validation of disease models and of measurement techniques.
Service can be accessed:
- via Czech-BioImaging hub (www.czech-bioimaging.cz), submit general and facility's project form; financial support by project LM2015062 "National Infrastructure for Biological and Medical Imaging (Czech-BioImaging)" of the MEYS CR to be acknowledged in publications using data provided by the facility,
- directly after filling the facility's project form (www.isibrno.cz/czbi), based on collaboration agreement or as contractual research service, conditions individualized.
September 9, 2022 | Brno
Course | 13th – 14th June 2022 | BC, České Budějovice
Registration for conference is open.
Course | 7th – 9th June 2022 | IMG
Course | 9th – 13th May 2022 | BIOCEV
Practical Course | 15th – 26th August 2022 | Brno, Czech Republic
Course | 1st – 2nd June 2022 | CELLIM, CEITEC MU
The CzBI Spring Newsletter has just been released.